Cannot connect to remote agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xrondoudou, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrondoudou

xrondoudou Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm having an issue to connect to a remote agent through Acronis*True*Image Management*Console.
    When i click on "Connect to a remote computer", i add information about remote agent and when i click on connect, it's asking me to logon again.
    I check user authentification and it's ok (i can connect to remote computer with this logon). But when i want to connect through acronis console it go on asking me to logon.
    I dont understand why...
    If anybody have any ideas, thx a lot.

PS : I'm using Acronis True Image Management Console v9.1 (build 3534)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xrondoudou,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please be aware that you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the remote computer runs Windows XP, than make sure that the option Control panel -> Folder options -> View -> Use simple file sharing is disabled on that computer.

In addition, if the remote computer runs Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows 2003 Server, the option Control panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> File and Printer Sharing must be enabled on that computer.

If the issue persists with the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, please create Windows System Information on the remote computer as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step. Make a screen shots of your consequent steps, if possible.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.