Cannot Confirm

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Rusty123, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty123

Rusty123 Registered Member

hi, Totally new to this, and Im in need of help. I did what I thought was a backup of my "C" drive onto my external drive. How do I confirm that all has been copied over? I tried the help desk, but I really didnt get my question answered.
    Thanks

2. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Welcome to the Paragon Backup Forum. I use HDM12 Suite, so my answer is based on my experience with that program.

Once your full partition backup has completed, you should see it added to the Archive screen. Select it with your mouse and above you should see an option to "Verify". Verify your backup and it will tell you if there are any obvious errors.

Verify is not foolproof, but I have never encountered a problem restoring from a verified backup, and I have done that several times.

Also make sure that you create a bootable flash drive or CD/DVD using the media builder, with your external drive plugged in, so that the appropriate drivers are copied so that Paragon will see your external HD.

In the event of a total crash of your HD, you will be able to swap in a new drive, boot off of your optical disk or flash drive, locate your backup set on the external drive and restore. That has always worked like a charm for me.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

You can trust the program in this, as long as you create partition (sector) backups and not file backups. That´s what imaging programs are built for, and Paragon programs are very reliable. You can also restore the image to check that the system works well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.