Cannot check archive integrity of folder backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jasonbourne, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

I am using Paragon BR 10 Suite and I created my first folder backup earlier(never really did that, just often whole partition backup). Went out quite well. Though a bit long at 1.5hours for a 36gb folder....The problem is I cannot check it's archive integrity. In the left window selection which says "Check Archive Integrity". I select that thenthe pop-up appears. The archive is there(show all). But I can't seem to go to "next" as it shows error in archive...?

Any ideas here...?

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Why don't you try making another backup?

3. jasonbourne

Hi J_L;

Thanks for the reply. I did create another one and another for all my software folder. All of it shows error and same as the first backup I created cannot check each integrity...can't move on to "Next".

Uninstalled PBR Suite and went back to my old app just to check if my files are corrupted or something(although I am sure they are not). Backup went fine and was able to validate-data backup and restore it.

Uninstalled my old app and re-installed PBR Suite(making sure there are no leftovers of my old app). Went on to make the same folder backups. No errors while backing up. The 36gb / 42gb folders took 1.5hours each.

When I attempted to check the archive integrity just earlier, it was the same. I can't move on to "Next" because PBR Suite says error again. It sees the archive but it says error.

Might be missing something here or what.......o_O?

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What is your old app?

5. jasonbourne

Hi J_L;

Thanks for the reply.

It's ATI Home 11. I removed it because it made my system sluggish. I only installed Paragon BR10 Suite a month I think and I noticed an improvement already. Now I made sure that there are no remnants of AT when I installed P BR10 because I used an image backup without it installed.

Anything I ought to check...?

jason

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

7. jasonbourne

Is that only "a file"...? Will that be sufficient to judge the whole folder? If not, seems I have to restore it (whole folder backup) first to check/see if all is okay?

I have to check all the 32gb folder contents to check if the backup I did was okay?

You mean to say PBR10 Suite does not have archive integrity check for file/folder backups?

8. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

For test you can restore ANY file. One file.
    There is not need to restore entire backup.

9. jasonbourne

Okay. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.