Cannot check archive integrity of folder backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jasonbourne, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

I am using Paragon BR 10 Suite and I created my first folder backup earlier(never really did that, just often whole partition backup). Went out quite well. Though a bit long at 1.5hours for a 36gb folder....The problem is I cannot check it's archive integrity. In the left window selection which says "Check Archive Integrity". I select that thenthe pop-up appears. The archive is there(show all). But I can't seem to go to "next" as it shows error in archive...?

Any ideas here...?

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Why don't you try making another backup?

3. jasonbourne

Hi J_L;

Thanks for the reply. I did create another one and another for all my software folder. All of it shows error and same as the first backup I created cannot check each integrity...can't move on to "Next".

Uninstalled PBR Suite and went back to my old app just to check if my files are corrupted or something(although I am sure they are not). Backup went fine and was able to validate-data backup and restore it.

Uninstalled my old app and re-installed PBR Suite(making sure there are no leftovers of my old app). Went on to make the same folder backups. No errors while backing up. The 36gb / 42gb folders took 1.5hours each.

When I attempted to check the archive integrity just earlier, it was the same. I can't move on to "Next" because PBR Suite says error again. It sees the archive but it says error.

Might be missing something here or what.......o_O?

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What is your old app?

5. jasonbourne

Hi J_L;

Thanks for the reply.

It's ATI Home 11. I removed it because it made my system sluggish. I only installed Paragon BR10 Suite a month I think and I noticed an improvement already. Now I made sure that there are no remnants of AT when I installed P BR10 because I used an image backup without it installed.

Anything I ought to check...?

jason

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

7. jasonbourne

Is that only "a file"...? Will that be sufficient to judge the whole folder? If not, seems I have to restore it (whole folder backup) first to check/see if all is okay?

I have to check all the 32gb folder contents to check if the backup I did was okay?

You mean to say PBR10 Suite does not have archive integrity check for file/folder backups?

8. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

For test you can restore ANY file. One file.
    There is not need to restore entire backup.

9. jasonbourne

Okay. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.