Cannot change settings when installed by Remote Administrator

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Greg Jones, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Jones

Greg Jones Registered Member

Hi,

While testing RAS I found that when pushing a package to a client, it installs with limited permissions for users on that machine such that they cannot change the settings.

For example, when changing the Update settings, I click OK and I get the message: "Error occurred while updating registry. You may not have appropritate right for adjusting settings."

The error msg is correct. Looking at the registry permissions it appears that SYSTEM account has full permissions while local administrators only have read access.

If I install it via the command line as administrator then all is fine.

How can I push out an package via RAS with the correct permissions? We would like the local admins group to be able to change settings if need be.

I have tried changing the XML config under Update > Profile > Connect to LAN as and in the event log I can see the this user starting the NOD32 install service but the reg keys still have the wrong permissions.

Thanks

Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.