Cannot boot with Recovery CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rhartinger, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhartinger

rhartinger Registered Member

Good Morning

I want to restore my System. When I want to boot from the Recovery or InstallCD the first Acronis Logo will be shown and then only a blackscreen. I have TI 7 and WIN XP SP2
    Please help me. i dont want to install all applications again

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello rhartinger,

You haven't made it clear whether you were previously able to successfully boot into the Acronis rescue environment. If this is your first attempt then try dropping into the Linux kernel command line and adding the acpi=off noapic workaround as follows:

- whilst booting from your acronis rescue CD, press F11 as soon as you see the words "Starting Acronis Loader...".
    - You should now see the Linux kernel command line containing the word QUIET.
    - Leave a space after the word "quite" and type in the commands acpi=off noapic (make sure it's spelt correctly!!).
    - When done, click OK to continue the boot process.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rhartinger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that the bootable CD is created with the latest build (638 ) of Acronis True Image 7.0. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Yes, as Menorcaman said booting with "acpi=off noapic" as it is described in Acronis Help Post parameter might help.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 7.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have any selection screen).

I would also recommend that you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create a new bootable CD with this trial version and try to boot your computer from this CD.

If the issue persists, please boot you computer from the bootable CD create with the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once again and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.