Cannot Boot to Second OS

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Bernie1, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie1

Bernie1 Registered Member

I have had all working wonderfully two hard drives two O/S's and all of a sudden the second os now gives me an error message saying it requires hal.dll which is missing or corupt. It is neither missing or corrupt and I have tried replacing it. I have even tried restoring the whole windows directory to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this. Both O/S's are xp pro

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bernie1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please tell what was changed in the hardware or software configuration in your computer before the error appeared? Could you please boot with Windows Installation CD and do the following:
    1. Once you are asked whether you want to install the new copy of Windows or repair the existing one choose that you want to install the new one (press Enter);
    2. After the installed copies are found and you are asked once again whether you want to repair the existing copies or install the new one please choose the copy that you cannot boot and press the R button (to repair it).

This should solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.