Cannot boot into Full Version of TI 10.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobbo, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

I just purchased and installed TI 10.0 and updated to the latest build, i.e. 4942. I find that 10.0 performs exactly the way 9.0 did, that is, ONLY the SAFE VERSION opens with the boot disk. Selecting the Full version results in the system hanging. If I attempt to restore the Primary partition from within Windows, I am directed to restart which then results in the system hanging again. I'm a bit disappointed. :mad:

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, it's consistent.

It appears that your hardware is not supported, so the system hangs. What hardware do you have? System manufacturer, model no., motherboard info, etc. Someone may know a workaround.

Do you have any USB devices connected to your system including card readers, scanners, printers, hubs, etc.?

Is there anything unusual about your hardware? SCSI, RAID, overclocking, etc.?

3. Johnan

Johnan Registered Member

I had the same problem. Did the following:

Made a new bootable CD. At the screen: "Rescue media contents selection", unchecked "Safe version" and created a cd with the "Full version", only.

Restored a "zeroed out" HDD several times without problems.

4. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

"It appears that your hardware is not supported, so the system hangs. What hardware do you have? System manufacturer, model no., motherboard info, etc. Someone may know a workaround."

Running Win XP Pro SP2, MB A8N5X, CPU Athlon 64 FX-60 dual core. Had no problem until going from single core FX-55 to dual core FX-60.

"Do you have any USB devices connected to your system including card readers, scanners, printers, hubs, etc.?"

All of the above, i.e. Wireless Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse, USB keyboard MS 4000, DeskJet 932C on USB, Microtek ScanMaker X6 on USB, and Zip 100 internal on SCSI.

"Is there anything unusual about your hardware? SCSI, RAID, overclocking, etc?"

Everything is running normally with the exception of TI 10.0, build 4942. No overclocking.

5. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

Will Try making a rescue disk with Full Version only, but when I try to run a restore from Windows it requires a reboot and when it reboots, the computer hangs, probably seeking a full version.

6. jmk94903

7. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

"Rescue media contents selection", unchecked "Safe version" and created a cd with the "Full version", only.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that, but Full Version hung the machine like before.

8. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

No other changes were made. It's a mystery. o_O

9. jmk94903

I agree, but that makes the new CPU the "culprit." OK, I don't really think it's the CPU, but the new CPU may be causing a problem with some other component. My guess that would be something on the motherboard or memory.

If you have more than one memory stick, try removing one and attempting to boot from the Recovery CD. If that fails, replace that one and remove the other, etc.

You might also try disconnecting all peripherals except the keyboard and mouse and try booting.

I can't think of anything else now. This is tough.

10. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

At this point, since my box is in a computer armoire and hard to access, I'm going to live with it and rely on the "Safe Mode".

I have been in contact with Acronis tech support and they suggested a remedy that doesn't work either. See the following and my respose:

> If the issue remains, please do the following so that we could look
    > further into it:
    >
    > Please boot your computer from Acronis True Image bootable rescue disc and
    > press F11 key after the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and
    > you get to the selection screen of the program? After you get the "Linux
    > Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK"
    > button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a
    > floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:
    > cd tmp
    > mkdir mntdir
    > mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    > sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    > umount mntdir
    >
    > Send us the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette.

I pressed the F11 key after the "Starting Acronis Loader" and removed the
    word "quiet", but after several minutes of waiting, the # prompt did not
    appear. I'm wondering if there is some feature in my BIOS that needs changing.

11. jmk94903

Have you checked to be sure you have the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

12. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

Problem Solved re booting Full Version of TI 10.0

There is definitely a connection or common file(s) between NortonSystemWork and Acronis TrueImage 9.0 and 10.0.
    I have had the habit of using CCleaner as well as RegSeeker before and after installing an application, so as to have the cleanest environment possible for the install. It’s a BIG mistake. This evening there was an update listed for NSW that refused to install,.. several tries failed. I then remembered that an NSW update failure had happened previously, but succeeded after I reinstalled TrueImage.
    This time, I uninstalled TrueImage, rebooted and attempted to boot NSW. NSW failed, displaying a message that it failed to find ccApp.exe, plus there's another involved file named MSVCP71.dll. Next. I reinstalled TrueImage without previously running CCleaner or RegSeeker. Rebooted and NSW started, ran LiveUpdate and the listed update installed without a problem. I then created a new TI boot disk and was able to boot into the Full Version without any problem.

13. bobbo

bobbo Registered Member

It's not the Processor or the BIOS. See my latest post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.