Cannot assign drive letter

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by acsmonticello, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acsmonticello

acsmonticello Registered Member

I have a backup of a storage drive, all files no os. When i try to plug it using 9.0 build 2,337 i get

Cannot assign drive letter to a partition from the back up archive.

I made this back up to a inturnal drive, 94.9 gb it is still on that drive.

When i goto recovery i get

this is not the last created volume of the backup archive. please insert the last created volume to work with this archive.

then an error of

the selected file is not a true image archive or the file is corrupted. please, select another file.

tried the bootcd and got same error. any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acsmonticello,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that if your image archive verifies as corrupted both when the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then this image can not be mounted as a virtual drive by means of the embedded Plug Image tool. To be more precise, it sometimes can, but we can not guarantee this as the image is corrupted.

Could you please let us know if you have ever been able to successfully verify this particular image archive by means of the embedded Check Archive tool?

Please also create new image archive saving it to the same internal hard drive and verify it right after it's creation is complete both when the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0. Inform us about the result.

Please also perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. acsmonticello

acsmonticello Registered Member

We did read this archive before. It is made of older files that are archived. We also run a full backup everyday (same drive) none of these have this issue.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acsmonticello,

As far as I can understand, this particular image archive verifies as corrupted starting from some point in time. Moreover, all other images created before and after this point can be verified successfully. As you didn't move\copy this image archive to another hard drive or removable media then it's corruption most likely caused by some application affecting files stored on the drive this image archive resides on or some errors persisting on this hard drive, i.e. file system or hardware level errors such as bad sectors for example. Whatever the case, it seems that the problem appeared accidentally and therefore there is no reason to expect it to appear again. Please let us know is the issue appears again. We will proceed with the investigation and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.