"Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bgordon, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgordon

bgordon Registered Member

I have True Image Server version 7.0 (build 613) running on a fully patched/updated Windows 2003 Server.

I need to restore some particular files in an image. I cannot restore the complete image.

When I try to run Explore Image, I get the message:

"Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive."

and am not able to get into the image file.

I've checked the registry key for the "PartMgr" entry (not sure of the spelling) mentioned in other messages here, and it exists. The image file is about 12 GB in size. Have tried several drive letters. The partition I am trying to get at is an NTFS partition.

Appreciate any assistance anyone can offer... -bg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bgordon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I regret to inform you that we are no longer able to provide technical support to customers who are using Acronis True Image Server 7.0 for Windows because we have released a new version and do not develop the old one anymore.

We appreciate your consideration on this matter.

Please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows, try to mount your image archive using Explore Image tool and see if the problem still persists.

If you will be satisfied with the work of the trial version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

Please let me know if the problem still persists with the trial version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.