cannot archive .tib files succesfully - help?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pureair1000, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pureair1000

pureair1000 Registered Member

In the process of testing the different ways of archiving and restoring an image, I tried making copies of the image files (*.tib) from my USB external hard drive, to DVDs. I did so, but when I tried to copy them back to the USB external drive, they would not copy. I got a message “cannot copy (file name): disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”. Of course I tried this to make sure that if somehow my C drive AND my USB external drive both went bad or got destroyed I would have a copy of the image files that I could copy back onto a new external drive, the restore to a new C drive from those. Anyone knowledgeable about this? thanks in advance
    Bob

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Need more info: IE: windows version, TI version. What software did u use to burn the dvd's with. etc.

But for a quick guess, before you burn anything to a dvd, the file sizes of the .TIB files must be supported by the DVD file system media. If you plan on eventually burning the .TIB files to a DVD, during the image creation in TI, set the size of the target image files to 1490MB. This will allow a maximum of 3 files to be burned onto a 4.5gb DVD and will fit all dvd file system structures.

Do a search on Burning DVD's on this forum for more detail answers.

Storage_man

3. pureair1000

pureair1000 Registered Member

Storage_man, thank you. Question, so even though the image files I burned on DVDs successfully, but could not copy back to my external USB drive were 4,194,304 KB in size, they maybe are to big to do that?
    Bob

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  4. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Bob

I PM you with a message in reply to your earlier message. IF I were you I would immediately remove your email address from your message. The spammers love to scan these sites and get new email addresses.

Storage_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.