cannot archive .tib files succesfully - help?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pureair1000, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pureair1000

pureair1000 Registered Member

In the process of testing the different ways of archiving and restoring an image, I tried making copies of the image files (*.tib) from my USB external hard drive, to DVDs. I did so, but when I tried to copy them back to the USB external drive, they would not copy. I got a message “cannot copy (file name): disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”. Of course I tried this to make sure that if somehow my C drive AND my USB external drive both went bad or got destroyed I would have a copy of the image files that I could copy back onto a new external drive, the restore to a new C drive from those. Anyone knowledgeable about this? thanks in advance
    Bob

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Need more info: IE: windows version, TI version. What software did u use to burn the dvd's with. etc.

But for a quick guess, before you burn anything to a dvd, the file sizes of the .TIB files must be supported by the DVD file system media. If you plan on eventually burning the .TIB files to a DVD, during the image creation in TI, set the size of the target image files to 1490MB. This will allow a maximum of 3 files to be burned onto a 4.5gb DVD and will fit all dvd file system structures.

Do a search on Burning DVD's on this forum for more detail answers.

Storage_man

3. pureair1000

pureair1000 Registered Member

Storage_man, thank you. Question, so even though the image files I burned on DVDs successfully, but could not copy back to my external USB drive were 4,194,304 KB in size, they maybe are to big to do that?
    Bob

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  4. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Bob

I PM you with a message in reply to your earlier message. IF I were you I would immediately remove your email address from your message. The spammers love to scan these sites and get new email addresses.

Storage_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.