Cannot access PC via LAN on which TrueImage 8.0 is installed!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Amyris, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amyris

Amyris Registered Member

Hi folks,

here is my problem with TrueImage 8.0, built 771. Hoping that someone can help me on this:

I own two PCs. Both are using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 and are connected with each other with a simple LAN router. Nothing special is configured. Both PCs are having a permanent IP adress (no DHCP server is used) and are running under the same subnet-mask and workgroup. No passwords, encryptions, etc. are used. Only a simple small home LAN. ;-)

Until I have installed TrueImage 8.0 built 771 on one of the PCs, everything worked fine. Both PCs could see each other and I had fully access on all the files on the other PC via LAN.

Now this has changed. Since I have installed TrueImage 8.0 built 771 on one of these two PCs, I am no longer able to gain access to the files on this PC via LAN (no reading, no writing).
    I only get the following message:

"Cannot get access to \\name of the computer\\folder. Eventually you did not have the rights to use this network ressource. Please contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have the correct rights.

You did not have enough free server space for this action."

I translated this message from German to English so please excuse the fact that this may not be the exact English spelling of this message but I think the sence is recognisable.
    By the way, when using the PC on which TrueImage 8.0 is installed I am still able to gain fully access on the other PC on the LAN. So in this direction everything is still working properly.

When uninstalling TrueImage 8.0, everything is normal again. Each PC can get fully access to the files on the other PC again. So this has to be a problem with TrueImage 8.0.

Is there anybody, who can help me with this problem? Please do not write it too technically because I am just a normal guy who is using two PCs in a home network, I am not an informatic or server administrator. Thank you. ;-)

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

I'm still stuck in Groundhog's day on this forum, anyway:

Save this code as fix.reg and then double click on the file on the machines that get the error: (copy-paste into notepad and save as fix.reg -not fix.reg.txt)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters]
    "IRPStackSize"=dword:00000012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.