Cannot access any webpage with Firefox + personal Firewall Module 1050

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Thelion, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thelion

Thelion Registered Member

Using Firefox on Win XP Sp 3, I need to disable firewall (personal Firewall Module 1050 (20090625)) in order to go to any web page. When I have reached that web page, I can enable the Firewall again (=switch to filtering mode) and use any link on the webpage to which I have arrived; that works. but if I open a new Window on my Firefox, and try there to go to any website, it just is not possible (I get the "Server not found", error).

So I wonder what to do. And I know that this exact problem might be addressed here, but I appeared to find mostly problems associated with firewall module 1047, and mine appears to be 1050, so I thought about asking this separately.

I am easily lost using new programs (as also the ESET Smart Security 4 is to me), so I would really appreciate if someone could give more detailed info on how I should proceed and what to do.

But all replies are more than welcome.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, find out if certain rules are blocking connections. To do that, continue as follows:
    1, in the IDS section of the firewall setup, enable the "Log all blocked connections" option
    2, replicate the problem
    3, disable the "Log all blocked connections" option
    4, check the firewall log for details about blocked connections and past here a portion of the log related to these blocked connections.

3. Thelion

Thelion Registered Member

Hi, I did as requested. Below is what I got.

Now, there are also logs before I enabled the "Log all blocked connections". Initially I installed the Smart Security earlier today. There is also something called "Detected Port Scanning attack", earlier today.

Attached Files:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Your router scans different remote ports within a short time frame which is deemed a port scan attack. In the IDS section of the firewall setup, disable either "UDP port scanning attack" or the "Block unsafe address after attack detection" option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.