Can you install newer version over older version ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Anthony A, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

I am planning on installing the current version of Ewido today. When you release the new program update in two weeks what do I have to do with the current one I will be using? Do I just select update in the update section of Ewido and get the new version or do I have to uninstall the current version and reinstall the new version?

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Re: ewido shuts down during scan

You don't need to uninstall the existing 4.0.0.172 version (4.0.0.172a, b or c). The new update will be delivered through automatic update, if you have enabled the automatic update function. All you have to do is a reboot after the update. A small popup window will notify you that the update has been installed and it will instruct you to reboot. ;)

3. Anthony A

So I guess if you don't enable Automatic update you can still get it through manual update?

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

If you don't enable automatic update, you will not know when an update is available, unless you visit the home page of ewido every day to check for a new version, or you visit this forum every day to check for news of ewido.

The manual update at http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/ only updates your signatures, but not the ewido.exe main program and related files.

So, if you don't enable automatic update, you have to visit the ewido web site every day to (1) check for a new version and (2) download the signatures manually every day.

By enabling automatic update, you can be sure that the program be delivered to you when it is available.

5. Anthony A

If you use Ewido as a on demand scanner why would you need to do what you just suggested? Could you not just launch Ewido and select updates than select check for updates and down load them when they are available? I seriously doubt that all the people using the free version of Ewido (which doesn't have automatic updates) are going to the Ewido site and manually down loading them. Or do you lose the ability to use the update feature within Ewido when it becomes the free version?

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Anthony,

Instead of taking away from the ewido shuts down during scan topic discussion....I have split these posts out in order for you to discuss this totally un-related topic.

Bubba

7. Anthony A

OK, thank you. Sorry for the unintentional thread high jack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.