Can True Image v10 Home do that for me ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xeo_oex, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeo_oex

xeo_oex Registered Member

Hi There !
    I've been using TrueImage v10 for 6 months and I am really satisfied with this product. I'm about to upgrade my hardware settings to this :

MOTHERBOARD :
    OLD : DELL/INTEL775
    NEW : DELL/AM2

CPU :
    OLD : INTEL D930
    NEW : AMD A64X2 5000+

HDD Settings : NO CHANGES (2 X 250GB SATA WITHOUT RAID) - 4 NTFS PARTITIONS (2 per HDD) : SYSTEM / DATA1 / DATA2 / DATA3
    O.S. : VISTA Professional Edition

BACKUPs :
    SYSTEM and SOFTWARE are backed up on DATA2 (ACRONIS SECURITY ZONE)
    DATA1 and DATA3 are manually backed up on DVD

HERE IS MY QUESTION :
    As we all know, anytime we change MOBO+CPU settings, a new installation of Windows is required
    After the HW upgrade, will I be able to restore all my System & Apps settings from the True Image Restore DVD and/or from the ACRONIS SECURITY ZONE (F11) o_O

Many thanks for your answers !

xeo_oex :D
    France

2. xeo_oex

xeo_oex Registered Member

anyone can help me

3. switchflare

switchflare Registered Member

Some programs may work, but I believe that many will not. You are better off reinstalling programs if you want optimal performance.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xeo_oex,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that if you backed up using "My Application Settings" type of backup, you will be able to restore your application settings after you reinstall your operating system and respective applications. Please refer to chapter 5.2.3 "My Application Settings backup" of the respective User's Guide for more details. You can perform the restoration either from Windows, or using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, or using Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (you will need to reactivate it after reinstalling the operating system). Please refer to respective chapters of the User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.