Can True Image do this?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sam Ceccola, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Ceccola

Sam Ceccola Registered Member

I am a fan of the True Image software. I been using various versions for about 1-1/2 years now and will continue using it. Before I ask my question, here is some background information: I also use PowerQuest DataKeeper (this has been taken over and dropped by Symantic) and I am looking at TechSoft MirrorFolder. The reason I like these applications is they do real-time backups. I do NOT need to run an "incremental" backup.
    My Question: Does Acronis have software (for the home user) that not only does what TrueImage does but also has a real-time backup capability? If not, are there any near future plans to release such software?
    Thank You,
    Sam Ceccola

2. icthrooyou

icthrooyou Registered Member

Hello Sam,

I've posted my suggestions regarding regular backup capability in the Wish List thread. I don't know what plans they have for the future, but if they would add real time backup capability to this program they'd have the total package in a 1-2 punch! No body else out there could touch them! This program ( TI8 ) is very stable and despite all the whining you may read about "lack of support" or "bugs" you just can't find a better, more reliable "save your bacon" backup solution! Most of the problems I've read about mainly have to do with special hardware incompatibility issues. There is simply no WAY any software producer can stay "bug-free" with all the new drivers, hardware, and software coming out all the time. If you find a better backup solution, let me know!

Until Acronis decides to combine realtime backup functionality with their awesome disk imagining, I'm using a program along side of TI8 from "STOMP" called "BackupmyPC" It is a great little backup program. It will do all the realtime stuff that TI doesn't. Together, they make a pretty good combo...

Take care and God Bless!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sam Ceccola,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/products/).

In the meantime Acronis company doesn't have such product. Our Development Team will definitely work on it in the future.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.