Can TI8 write to shares on different subnet?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jkusters, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkusters

jkusters Registered Member

I've booted via the rescue CD. I am trying to create an image that is to be stored out on a network share. When I type in a valid UNC path for some of the machines on the network, I get an error dialog stating that the filename, location, or format is not valid. (On other machines, there are no problems.) If I click on the machine name in the "Computers Near Me" list, I get an hourglass for a few minutes, then the plus/minus sign next to the computer name disappears as if it has no shares. Our IT guy speculates it's because the servers in question are on a different subnet. Does anyone know if machines on another subnet can be used to store images? Any other ideas what might be going on?

JOhn.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JOhn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please take a look at this FAQ article.

If that's not the case or it just does not help then please also do the following:

- Boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following command:

ping ip_address

Where ip_address is the address of one of the PCs that are in other subnet and can not be accessed for some reasons (e.g. ping 168.154.87.22).

- Inform me about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jkusters

jkusters Registered Member

Hi, Alexey, thanks for the response.

The version of TI that I'm using is an evaluation copy. I wanted to make sure the program would work for my situation before we made the purchase. So, at this point, I'm not able to use the latest build.

I am using a bootable CD when I encounter this problem. (Yours is the only product I've found that will successfully boot from the "rescue" CD, which is why I'm keen on figuring out the solution to this issue.)

When I try the ping command, I get the following response:

sendto
    : Unknown error 101

This happens regardless of the IP address I try to use (except for the loopback IP).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    JOhn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.