Can TI8 clone / image a single SATA drive to a RAID 0 array?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kbk_75, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbk_75

kbk_75 Registered Member

Hi guys! I have a single 36GB Raptor on my P4C800-E Deluxe ICH5R controller along with another 120GB SATA drive on the same controller.

I want to use two extra 36GB Raptors that are lying idle, and I would like to run all three Raptors RAID 0 on a Promise 4 channel PCI controller. My question is can I use TI8 to clone / image my current single Raptor onto the 120GB drive and then re-clone / restore the 120GB drive to a 3 drive RAID 0 array on the Promise PCI controller?

If I can, could someone please walk me through how? Would I need to put the Raptor onto the Promise controller BEFORE I clone it to the 120GB drive?

Thanks in advance!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kbk_75,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You can clone a single drive to a RAID array and vice versa. The only restriction is that you cannot clone the disk to the array that contains this disk. For example, you can clone your first disk to the RAID that consists of your second and third disk. This concerns images as well: you cannot restore the image to a disk where this image is stored.

It doesn't matter when you plug additional disks - before or after cloning/imaging - since they are not implemented in the current process. Of course you will need to create RAID array before you clone/restore the disk/image to it (rather natural need I believe).

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis True Image please feel free to ask them.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. kbk_75

kbk_75 Registered Member

Thanks for that confirmation, I will now download TI8 and try it out over the weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.