Can Spyware Terminator and Prevx play nice??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Or are 2 HIP programs going to have conflicts with each other?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u can always disable Spyware Terminator's built-in HIPS. but having it enabled shouldnt cause any problems either.

3. cheater87

thanks for the reply

4. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Spyware Terminator is probably lighter if you wanted to know anything about that part. I dunno if you really need two HIPS. I mean, you can survive without ANY HIPS, it's just that most people want to have control over certain things. But really, two seems like overkill. You'll be constantly okaying prompts when you install software. And you might get annoyed. One accidental annoyed "OK" to malware makes HIPS useless.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Well, with Prevx1 you will hardly see any prompts unless you're running in Expert mode (which is really only for testing and troubleshooting). Using two behavior blockers that overlap does increase the potential for conflicts, though. Since Prevx1 is only going to prompt you when something is actually a potential risk, I'd say that you will probably have better results using SpywareTerminator without the behavior blocking, unless (maybe) there's a feature or two that you really want prompted every time. What you don't want is to become desensitized to the prompts, as this will ultimately lower your level of security as you become accustomed to just clicking Allow.

6. cheater87

i'll stick with prevx i'll put spyware term on the family computer my bro is filling it with spyware

7. cheater87

well what if i disable HIPS on spyware term and keep the real time shield?

8. Notok

Notok Registered Member

There shouldn't be any problem.

I actually just installed it on a test machine with Prevx1 and McAfee and didn't see any problems, even with the HIPS features on. There's just a chance that you could run into problems if they both tried to stop the same action at the same time. It may not ever happen, it's just that you increase the odds a bit if you use two behavior blockers together.

9. cheater87

i'll have the real time shield enabled and the HIPS disabled for spyware term thanks for your help

it froze during set up but i restarted went to the exe and installed it with no probs

i restarted my computer and installed it i think i have to much protection haha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.