Can Spyblaster be started with Windows?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Windmaker, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windmaker

Windmaker Registered Member

I just installed Spyblaster. I see no reference in the program for starting other than opening the program separately each time I boot up. Is there any way to integrate Spyblaster into the Windows startup program so that it starts automatically on booting? Thanx.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Why do you want to do this?
    SWB doesn´t need to be loaded to protect you..

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. Windmaker

Windmaker Registered Member

Thank you for your replies. I obviously did not understand that the program does not have to be initiated/opened for it's protections to be active.o_O

Windmaker

5. jarred

jarred Registered Member

I've downloaded hxxp://www.spyblaster.com as well and it does automatically start with windows and get the spyware in real time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Well that link u supplied also leads too a totally different product from Javacool's SpywareBlaster.

snowbound

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  7. tyciol

tyciol Registered Member

Yeah what it mainly does is change security setting and ban sites that have malware.

Although it's easy to forget to update the definitions. Perhaps there would be a way to get reminders upon updates?

8. pip22

pip22 Registered Member

Only way to avoid forgetting to update SpywareBlaster is to pay a small fee to the developers. They will then send you a code to 'unlock' the built-in automatic update component.

9. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

At first this post didn't make much sense to me. A misfortunate mix-up between two similarly named applications? Yes, at a glance...

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Spyblaster-app? I'm not - never heard of it actually. But then the market is crowded with products (freeware/shareware/commercial) with sound-a-like names. o_O

As I haven't actually tried it I can't judge if it's good or bad (or somewhere in between). What I _do_ know, however, is that I would never ever trust a securityapplication in the Ad-removal category that has been devloped by a company whose domain registration contact leads to a advertising company: Adknowledge, Inc. with the site adstation.com - "The next generation of online advertising" according to their site. Would you? Can you spell c-r-e-d-i-b-i-l-i-t-y? :ninja:

It doesn't stop there... The administrative/technical contact for spyblasters domain is a bloke called jarred (who apparently is associated with Adknowledge, Inc since he has a mail account at adstation.com)
    Source: hxxp://samspade.org/whois/www.spyblaster.com

Go figure...

Hi, BTW - long-time lurker here who finally decided to register & participate.

regards
    /T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.