Can Someone Write a Script for Me?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I don't know if this is allowed on this forum. I'm not asking for a malicious script.

When I work on family/friends' computers, I usually unhide the AppData and ProgramData folder, to get rid of junk leftover from uninstalled programs.

It is somewhat tedious to have to unhide the folders in folder settings, change the folders' attributes so they stay unhidden, then hide hidden files and folders again.

Could someone make a script to permanently unhide the AppData and ProgramData folders?

If I shouldn't even be messing around in those folders, let me know and I will stop lol.

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

3. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Here's a script that I use. With this you can toggle show hidden files on/off. Just click it when you need to see hidden folders and files and when you're done click it and they're hidden again. Copy this into Notepad and save it as a .vbs file. Not exactly what you're looking for but I find it convenient.

Hidden = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden"
    SHidden = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\ShowSuperHidden"
    Set Sh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    St = Sh.RegRead(Hidden)
    If St = 2 Then
    Sh.RegWrite Hidden, 1, "REG_DWORD"
    Sh.RegWrite SHidden, 1, "REG_DWORD"
    Else
    Sh.RegWrite Hidden, 2, "REG_DWORD"
    Sh.RegWrite SHidden, 0, "REG_DWORD"
    End If
    Sh.SendKeys("{F5}")

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

attrib /? reveals an easy way to create such a script, batch style.

attrib -s -h c:\path\to\file\or\folder /<some additonal options depending on your needs>

How you structure that depends upon your needs. Ultra easy to use. Just type
    attrib <file name or directory name> and see the attributes that it currently has. Then + adds your chosen attribute and - removes it. The additional end parameters determine if being used on symlinks or to recurse subdiretories.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.