Can someone please answer this....

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by north69, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north69

north69 Registered Member

I just installed the snap deploy trial software onto a windows xp sp2 on a company network. I created an image and now trying to deploy it to a laptop.

I can run the snap deply agent from a cd and connect to the server and restore the image.

My question is...Can I use PXE server to boot the machines I want to clone(as opposed to starting them all up by cd)? If so how can I do this?....I have tried the manual to no avail and there is no option that I can see in the console that would allow me to boot the remote systems.

Thanks in advance...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello north69,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, you can boot the machines you want to deploy the beforehand created image to from PXE. To do so you need to install and configure PXE server (see section 4.6 of Acronis Snap Deploy User's Guide for details) on one of the machines in your network, boot the computers you want to deploy the beforehand created image to from PXE and use Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console to perform a deployment.

Please note that in order to configure Acronis PXE Server, you must be a member of the Administrators or Network Configuration Operators groups. After installation, Acronis OS Deploy Server and Acronis PXE Server are launched automatically as Windows services. To be able to boot your machines from PXE they should support booting from network.

If you have any further questions on how to boot target machines from PXE, please feel free to submit a request for technical support. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.