Can someone help me please?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by PanTh3r, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanTh3r

PanTh3r Registered Member

I saw some threads similar to this, but I didnt really understand them, not to mention that they were called dropper.small.5.j and I have a dropper.small.j

I dont know if that has any difference, but yea, I scanned it with my AVG Anti-Spyware.. I also have something called adware.ezula

Can some explain to me how to do it?

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi PanTH3r,

If you need help removing malware, you can try one of the links at the bottom of this page. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

They normally have you install certain programs to try and remove the malware yourself. Afterwards you can post a Hijack This log there to get extra advice in cleaning if necessary. Also note if you decide to go to the TomCoyote link, it is now called 'whatthetech'.

I hope this helps,
    innerpeace

3. PanTh3r

I was actually thinking of doing a destructive restore or whatever its called, I heard a couple of my friends talking about it where it deletes everything except the way it came with factory settings? How do I do that? I have a some stuff that I dont really want, and I had a bunch of trojans that are on here but in the quarantine, so yea, i just got another trojan and 2 adwares along with this dropper... so how do i do a destructive restore

4. FadeAway

FadeAway Registered Member

Sounds like the manufacturer's term for re-installing the operating
    system (Windows, unless you are using a Mac). Your owners manual or
    the PC's tech support department should be able to guide you. I presume
    that the term destructive means the machine is returned to the
    condition that it came from the factory, so, yes, all custom settings
    and data which is not backed up are lost.

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I'm not sure about the meaning of your 'destructive restore' maybe you mean a reformat of your harddisk, in which case you need the original installation CD (usually XP, or Vista these days), and you can follow the advice of our fellow member mrkvonic at his website http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/install_xp.html

I hope this helps

6. PanTh3r

well see, I dont have my installation disks because my mom got me this computer for christmas last year, and it came pre-installed on it, so... it hasent been a year since she ordered it, so do you think I could send it back to them? 1 of my keys also popped off...

P.S. Its a laptop

7. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

You may want to check to see if your computer contains a recovery partition. Some computers come with this instead of installation disks.

8. FadeAway

FadeAway Registered Member

Restoring the operating system is really fairly easy. Once you begin,
    Windows takes over with only a few simple questions along the way.
    It probably will take about an hour.

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If you have a friend who knows about computers ask him/her to have alook at it, having a laptop it makes it easy to carry around. Most computers anywhere in the world are sold with a minimum of 1 year warranty, but that is usually for hardware. Although I'm pretty sure that if you have proof of payment, and the laptop came without an installation disk they (where you bought it) should reinstall Windows for you, like FadeAway said it's really easy.

10. PanTh3r

well, i have something on here like one of my HDs i think, i push it, and it brings up a little window and says "dont change anything in here" or something but there is nothing to click, and if i leave it up, nothing happens, so i dont know what to do... but i am probably about the most computer literate person around here and in my town besides the places that fix it... i usually fix my own problems, but ive never really gotten viruses, and the ones that i have gotten on my old computer ive already known, like trojans and worms... but ive never heard of the dropper one... i scaned it and it is my quarentene, along wiht like 8 other trojans, my computer was slow as crap before, but once they went into quarintene my comp was find nothing is really running slow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.