can someone have a look at these traceroutes, please?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by iceni60, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, my ISP is tiscali and about 7 times in the last 2 weeks my connection has stopped working, but it normally starts working again if i disconnect and reconnect. i haven't bothered doing any troubleshooting, but others have, they've done some pings and traceroutes.

i was just looking at the traceroutes from here and some of them have 10 hops on tiscalis servers before leaving tiscali and on to the final destination. why are there so many tiscali hops o_O

edit, i don't think these people have the same problem as i have (with their connection) because i never have slowdowns. i live in London too, so i hope i don't ever have that many tiscali hops, i'll have to try some traceroutes next time i have a connection problem.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

It can't be malware on your system, quite obvious. :D:cool:
    I don't know much about the hops at your isp, maybe there's a rabbit in the server room perhaps? I assume its normal, its latency or lag, as some people call it. Its probabaly due to busy network conditions I guess.

Regarding the disconnection problem that you have, try checking the network adapters.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.