Can someone give me Paranoid 2000's security setup?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Macguyver, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macguyver

Macguyver Registered Member

Hi it seems that Paranoid 2000 seems to know what he's talking about. I was wondering if someone could give me all of Paranoid 2000's security recommendations. That is all of the security programs and hardware he uses and all of the web links on how to set them up properly. If I do this I think I will have a pretty secure computer and be able to sleep at night. He is after all a security expert. :)

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

his setup might not work for you because the more you know the less protection you need (it doesn't mean he'll use fewer apps though, just less likely to), he might just disable as much as possible then use just a couple of security programs because he won't do anything which could infect his computer.

when i used windows i was a very high risk user and never got infected, but even though i'm less knowledgeable then P2K i suppose i still know enough to protect myself from installing malware.

so the very best protection you can have is knowledge. anyway, i haven't used any of these HIPS programs recently, but to run them you have to know the processes which run on you computer and in windows in general otherwise you won't know what to do!!

but, i think he runs Windows 2000 because you have more control over it then later MS OSs, there's less bloat too i suppose.

and proxomitron, which is a great program to use. you can set it up and forget about it. what it does is filter everything that goes to your browser so it really is a program that can improve your overall security by alot.

then perhaps he uses SSM for HIPS

and correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he uses Linux too :D

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well i found part of his setup but im not sure if he has changed it since september 3, 2005:

5. dog

dog Guest

I agree with Iceni, better that you find what you understand and works well for you, rather than use someone elses config.. Read and learn, try and discover ... it's the only way to obtain the right setup for you - knowledge is the power. :) The bulk of Security lies between your ears rather than the programs you run. ;) Using his config for Outpost is one thing trying to run his setup is another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.