Can someone explain 'Backup Locations' to me?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by David07666, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David07666

David07666 Registered Member

I'm new to TI and am using TI 10. This Backup Location configuration is confusing to me. It seems to me that this is used to manage the number/size of FULL backups -- not the number or size of incremental backups. That is, if you want to eg keep a max of 10 full backups, then Backup Location is the way to go.

On the other hand, if all you want to do is have TI create at most eg 10 incremental/differential backups, then create a new full followed by 10 incremental/differentials, then Backup Locations has nothing to offer, you just use the task scheduler.

Is that right? The doc is not helpfull

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It works for diff and inc backups too. You can even specify the number of incs or diffs before a new full is made.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David07666,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as shieber said Backup Location limitations applies to both full and incremental/differential backup archives. I would recommend that you have a look at this previous thread to find more information on how Backup Location Management function works.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.