Can someone be added to a conversation after it has been started?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Adric, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I don't see anything that allows adding additional participants to a conversation. Where do I need
    to look in order to do this? I couldn't find out where.:doubt:

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You can add it here:

upload_2018-2-6_11-50-2.png

EDIT: You have to be conversation initiator, to be able to do it.

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Hmm, I don't see that at the bottom of the participants. No wonder I did not find anything. I ran Firefox ESR in safe mode (extensions disabled) and that made no difference. Also tried the other forum styles.

OOOPs.... I was convinced I had started the conversation, but I just checked and errr, welll :isay: Sorry for the false alarm.

forum.png

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  4. guest

guest Guest

Are you the conversation starter?
    Go to "Conversations" and look at the participants. If you are listed first, then you are the "Conversation starter" (you can hover over the name with the mouse and a tooltip should appear)
    Conversation_starter.png
    Conversation_starter_2.png

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Yes, I see that now . I was too convinced I was the starter and had not looked. Duh!

6. guest

guest Guest

In addition you should see "Edit Conversation" if you are the Conversation starter:
    Conservation__.png

Some things worth to mention:
    If the conversation starter has selected the first option (see below), anyone can invite others.
    And in the case of the second option the conversation has been locked and not even the conversation starter can invite others.
    Conservation.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.