Can restore but not boot, why?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Arnak, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnak

Arnak Registered Member

Hi,

It all started with the error message NTLDR is missing:blink:

I tried the recommended steps but as the hard drives are sata on a mirrored array I could not get the standard repair to work.

Not to worry I thought I have a full image backup on my external drive.

So I used my recovery cd that I had created, restored the image back to the same partition that it came from.

Re-booted and got a black screen with a flashing minus sign and no other response.

So I re-installed xp with the sata drivers and tried the same route again with the restore cd but all I got was exactly the same response on re-booting.

I'm using acronis 8.

What am I doing wrong? Should this actually work?

Arnak

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The only build of version 8 that is really any good is the last one, 937. Is this what you have?

3. Arnak

Arnak Registered Member

Hi,

No, I've got 836.

Should that really make that much difference. are you suggesting that before that latest build it just doesn't work?

Arnak

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Well the reason for later builds is to fix bugs in previous builds (and create new ones, :D ). It could have something to do with the sata drives .... I think when ver. 8 came out sata was not yet around?

Try the trial version of the latest ver 10 build 4940 and see if that solves the problem.

5. Arnak

Arnak Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Mind you if it does work I'll be pleased on the one hand but damn upset at having to buy an upgrade when I was told by acronis that it would work with sata raid drives as I did ask them before I brought it.

So I will be requesting a FREE!!!! upgrade.

Arnak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.