Can RA handle my needs?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by COLATHOMAS, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COLATHOMAS

COLATHOMAS Registered Member

Our organization uses the ESET NOD32 Business Edition. We require our employees and contractors to use it and therefore supply it at no cost to them. The contractors tend to come and go from our employ regularly as they find permanent employment or a variety of other reasons. The contractors work off site and use their own computers. Herein lies our problem...We need to shut off the use of the product or at least updates at-will or we could have dozens of computers out there using our license free of charge.

Until recently this has not been that big a loss but my last calculation put us at about 110 licenses currently in use by our former contractors.

Can I setup an RA server to what I need?

Thanks for any help!

2. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

If you have admin credentials, you could uninstall NOD remotely. If not, you could setup a local update mirror and use per-user-credentials. If someone leave your organisation, you could delete or disable the credentials.

3. COLATHOMAS

COLATHOMAS Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Megachip.

I assume when you refer to admin credentials you are talking about the individual computer that ESET is installed on? In that case, no we would not have that.

However, per-user-credentials sounds exactly like what we need. I personally have no idea how to set that up. Is there someone here that would be interested in doing this for a fee?

Thank you.

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

You could also use the mirror function to place the files on a network share, and manage the access with active directory. You wouldn't use the built in http server but just point the client to the network share, and configure the client to connect to the network as the current logged in user.

Or use IIS for your update mirror, but i'm not sure how that handles authentication. Knowing Microsoft it will probably have active directory intergration somewhere :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.