Can put images created on exteral disk into "RECOVERY ZONE"?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TCMan, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCMan

TCMan Guest

I have an image I created onto an external; USB drive prior to creating a recovery zone with TI 8.0.

Can I move that image into the "Zone" to use to restore it?

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TCMan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. We regret to inform you that you cannot move the image to Acronis Secure Zone with Acronis True Image 8.0. We have a special wish-list thread and you are welcome to post here everything you wish to have in our software. We will certainly consider all your wishes.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. TCMan

TCMan Guest

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I guess I could do a current image to an external drive, restore my first image, create RZ image, then put current image back though right? :)

Always more than one way around things, just hoped there would be an easier way!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TCMan,

Your scenario is quite right. After you create Acronis Secure Zone you will need to create new image there and then restore the current image partition-by-partition (i.e. not as a whole disk). If you restore the image of the whole disk at once Acronis Secure Zone will be deleted because current image doesn't contain it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.