Can PrevX Home beat phising?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Eng, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eng

Eng Guest

Hi folks,

I am trying to understand PrevX Home capabilities as much and hence I like to know its power against phising threats. I found PhishGuard and seems to me a great another security tool but want to avoid an installation that can't do more than PrevX Home but instead could further eat up CPU and slow my comp down.

Thanks for your comments.
    Regards,
    Eng

2. Eng

Eng Guest

Re: Can PrevX Home beat phishing?

sorry for "phishing" word crippling

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Eng .

Prevx home CAN help . It uses very little resources . My suggestion would be to use spoofstick . Phishguard is decent . Spoofstick is better . Although , spoofstick MAY slow load page time by a few milliseconds . Bottom line : Prevx can help . Phishguard can help . I would use both . As a matter of fact , I do . I use spoofstick instead of Phishguard . But , Prevx will not slow your system down . Hope that helps and Good Luck

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Prevx won't help in the same way Phishguard or SpoofStick will help, they won't tell you the real address you are trying to go to, but it will prevent trojans or BHOs (browser helper objects) from installing that may redirect you to a malicious site.

Prevx is mainly for file based attacks. It's primary focus is to stop things from installing on your system. It will stop malware from planting files, changing your Internet Explorer, running automatically from Internet Explorer, adding itself to the system startup, etc.

For phishing, I agree that you should probably get something like PhishGuard or SpoofStick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.