Can Paragon make a backup FROM an external Drive?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MsJinnifer, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsJinnifer

MsJinnifer Registered Member

I have limited HD capacity on my laptop so I work from and keep all my data on an USB external HDD. Can Paragon backup from this onto a second external HDD? :doubt:
    If the answer is "Yes" does that apply to the free as well as the paid version?
    Thanks -- I can't see any info about this anywhere else...

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

As long as the Paragon program "sees" all the drives, you can select the source and target locations freely. Of course the obvious restrictions apply. For example, you can´t store an image of a partition in the same partition, or in a partition that doesn´t have enough free space.

3. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

You can, paradoxically :)

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

By from, I think you meant to. Yes, Paragon can backup to that drive as long as your computer can write files there.

5. MsJinnifer

No, sorry if I wasn't clear.... I don't mean "to", I mean "from". I want to back up data that I keep on my permanently attached external drive (because I have limited space on my internal HD). I want to back it up to a second external drive.

I guess my question is, will Paragon "see" it as a drive to be backed up from, not as a drive to be backed up to?

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I'm fairly certain Paragon will allow you to choose any drive as source and destination as long as they're different. It may recommend a backup location according to free space, but that doesn't determine your choice.

7. MsJinnifer

Thanks! Hoping that I can get it to not fight with WD passport software (backup destination HD):rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.