can older append files be deleted?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by killerwhale65, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerwhale65

killerwhale65 Registered Member

hi,

i have created a full image by hand: image_C.tib. Now i run a scheduled append to this one every week. And this results in 1 extra file each week: image_C2, image_C3 ....

My question, since i programmed the scheduled task to append to image_C (and not to C2, C3 ...), i guess that each append will contain all new data since image_C, and not since for example image_C2, and thus that i can delete all but the latest append-files?

thanks,

Matt

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Incremental image is created to the last image you have created. In your case each time you have created new incremental to the previous one. It means that if you delete one incremental file you will not be able to restore all subsequent incrementals. However, if you moved each new incremental to another folder all incremental images were created to the full (because there was no other images in the folder specified).

To avoid image file accumulation I can recommend that you schedule full back up monthly and incremental back up weekly. In this case you will always have 4 images (1 full and 3 incrementals) because the old image will be replaced with the new one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.