Can not see one local disk after clone installed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lifer, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifer

Lifer Registered Member

I have an XP SP1 system with 2xDVDs, 1xRAID SCSI 80GB, 1x30GB (boot HD), and a 200 HD.

I installed TI on the 30GB FAT partianed C drive because I wanted to clone the 30GB C drive to a new 120 GB internal Seagate.

I removed a 200 GB HD and replaced it with a new internal 120 GB Seagate so I could clone the 30 GB boot drive to the new 120 GB Seagate. I had to use the power and cable from the 200 to do this.

The cloning went ok... I confirmed that the new 120GB had system files and everything... So far, so good.

I removed the old 30GB boot HD and replaced it with the new cloned 120 GB HD as the new master C boot drive.

Then I reinstalled the 200 GB HD that I had removed so I could use its cables.

The new cloned C drive sees everything except the 200 GB HD. It is actually a slave to the Master.

I thought this was stange and reinstalled my original 30 HD and took a look. I can see the 200 GB HD.

So I reinstalled the new clone... and again, I can't see the 200GB HD. I even tried to run the 200HD as a slave off the RAID SCSI, but no luck. No can see.

I really need some help.

I can see it in the BIOs and I can see it through the control panel. The drives are properly installed and no error messages.

I just ca'nt see it through the My Computer

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Could it be a jumper setting on your new drive?

Example: some drives have a setting for master without slave, master with slave present, cable select, or slave.

When your new drive is set to Master without slave, it could be blocking your view on the 200 gb drive :D

3. Lifer

Lifer Registered Member

No... I have all the disks set up as cable select.

You see, the cloned disk works ok... I just can't see the 200 GB slave. I cann see the DVDs and the RAID HD, so long as the disk is not that 200GB.

I tried changing the cables.
    I tried running the 200 GB as a slave
    I tried running the 200 GB off the RAID

So then I disconnected the 80 GB I have running off the RAID and connected the 200 GB HD and I couldn't see it.

If I convert my system back to the original 30GB HD, I can see the 200 GB HD.

I think the problem is that a Acronis Imaged Clone HD can not see a 200 GB HD. It sees everything else just fine. If I disconnect the 80 and put the 200 in it's place, I can't see.

All the drivers are the same and working properly. I can see the darn thing through the control panel.

I simply can not access it.

4. Lifer

Lifer Registered Member

Is this a support forum?

I should have known better than buy a pig in a poke.

5. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi Lifer,

If I remember correctly, the largest size it will Clone is 180GB HD. Check their site out, I know that's where I read it.

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

I am just going to preserve this....

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Lifer, can you try putting the new internal 120 GB Seagate disk in its desired position and remove the 200 GB disk. Next boot with a Windows Installation CD and reformat the 120 GB Seagate. Now, with all traces of Acronis out the window(!), drop in the 200 GB back into the system and proceed to install Windows onto the 120 GB Seagate.

When it is done, can you see the 200 GB from the Windows installation on the 120 GB Seagate?

8. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

That's why there is a demo version....

Right Click My Computer and select Manage.

Can you see the 200 Gb Drive under Storage - Disk Management?

If so what is it's status?

Is there anything on the 200Gb drive (i guess so but need to make sure)?

9. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Thanx /end interest.

10. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

The nerve some people have.

11. Vate

Vate Guest

Thanks, I had the same problem with a 300GB Seagate drive. When I went into Manage>Disk Management the drive was there but it wasn't given a letter. I right clicked and chose "Change Drive Letter and Paths," assigned the letter and now it works perfectly. Hope that helps if anyone else has a similar problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.