can not secure delte files in truecrypt

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by vpndude2012, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpndude2012

vpndude2012 Registered Member

I can not secure delete any files in a Tc container or volume fat32 or NTSF.

I tried using bcwipe and i get a error then i get a temp file in the tc container.

I tried another program in there control panel area it said it wiped a folder but went back to TC and it was still there.

What are my options here, is there a program that will secure delete in TC ?

Should i move a folder out of tc then shred it outside of the TC, what would be the pros and cons of doing that ?

2. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Are you saying that BCWipe is unable to wipe selected data from a mounted TrueCrypt volume? BCWipe is generally a very effective program and I've never heard of this being an issue. Are you're sure you're using it correctly? If other BCWipe users confirm that this is an issue then I suppose I could run some tests.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I just tested wiping a file in a TC mounted volume (version 7.1) using BCWipe (version 6.02) and it worked perfectly. I've never had trouble with BCWipe - it is, as dantz said, a very effective program and well maintained by Jetico.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.