can not secure delte files in truecrypt

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by vpndude2012, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpndude2012

vpndude2012 Registered Member

I can not secure delete any files in a Tc container or volume fat32 or NTSF.

I tried using bcwipe and i get a error then i get a temp file in the tc container.

I tried another program in there control panel area it said it wiped a folder but went back to TC and it was still there.

What are my options here, is there a program that will secure delete in TC ?

Should i move a folder out of tc then shred it outside of the TC, what would be the pros and cons of doing that ?

2. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Are you saying that BCWipe is unable to wipe selected data from a mounted TrueCrypt volume? BCWipe is generally a very effective program and I've never heard of this being an issue. Are you're sure you're using it correctly? If other BCWipe users confirm that this is an issue then I suppose I could run some tests.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I just tested wiping a file in a TC mounted volume (version 7.1) using BCWipe (version 6.02) and it worked perfectly. I've never had trouble with BCWipe - it is, as dantz said, a very effective program and well maintained by Jetico.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.