Can not restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wah001, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wah001

wah001 Registered Member

We purchased 10 copies of TI server for testing with universal restore and support (Over $10K in total)

I have tried TI on various machines and can not get a single machine to restore!:blink:

It is always somthing different. (I.E. Can not back up to DVD, Can not see raid array, can not see usb ports, error codes out the a$$)
    The latest problem is that TI can not see a standard intel chipset so the USB ports do not work. This is a huge problem as all the backups must be on removable media.(Removeable HDD but i would prefere DVD)

I though that I could cure it by creating a Bart PE disk.....No such luck. The version of TI in the "OFFICIAL" plug in is version 8 and of course I created the backups with 9.1.3677. When I try to resore all I get is the good old corrupt image error.

I have support calls open with Acronis for multiple issues. I opened a call yesterday about this and have yet to hear anything from them. :mad:

I am about an hour away from demanding a refund.

Anyone have an idea how to use Bart PE to restore an image made with 9.1?

2. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

If you downloaded the BartPE plugins from H E R E, they're out of date. After you Install Acronis 9.0 v3677, use the BartPE plugins from that folder.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  3. wah001

wah001 Registered Member

I have tried both. I also pulled all the drivers off the W2K3 install disk into Bart so it could see the raid array.

Now I am getting another error that when I select the destination it says " Failed to lock the disk"

4. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Try creating a new BartPE Boot CD. I'll post directions in case you need them. Hope this helps.

1. Install the newest Version of Acronis True Image.(9.0 v3677)

2. Install "Pebuilder3110a". Download it HERE.

3. Copy files from C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE
    into the folder C:\pebuilder3100a\Plugin

______Now Reboot the Computer_______

4. After this, Insert the XP sp2 disc (Home or Pro) into the DVD-ROM drive.
    (Cancel the install XP screen IF it appears).

5. Click on red Pebuilder Icon to open the program. Agree to the License,
    but DO NOT search your computer for Windows Installation files.

6. Select the drive that you put the Windows Disk in the top box. (F:/ drive).

7. Select to build an .ISO file in the bottom box. Now, click Build.
    An ISO file will be created in the pebuilder folder. Find this file,
    and open...to burn to a CD using ISO software.

8. Now Test the Boot-CD by letting it boot up with your computer.
    (May have to change the Boot order in the BIOS).

NOTE:: you'll have to "Slipstream" IF you don't have an XP Disc with Sp2 on it.

5. wah001

wah001 Registered Member

Ok, Tried using XP but it does not work because it does not have the drivers for the raid array.

I tried again using the W2k3 Server disk but all I get is the " Failed to lock the disk" Error. :cautious:

I don't think there is anything else to try.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wah001,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and please accept our apologies for the delay with the response..

Please note that as far as I can see from you correspondence with Acronis Support Team via e-mail ([Acronis #720444] Unable to restore) the issue with restoration resolved now.

Please also note that according to our database you have Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support license. Therefore, you can contact Acronis Support Team vai phone if you have experienced any issues with our software. The phone number should be in the e-mail with the Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support license. If you have not received the e-mail or do not have the phone number then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address. We will provide you with the neccesary information.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.