Can not install TI9 demo

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yuan, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuan

yuan Registered Member

I'm a new trial user . I download the TI9 demo on your site, but I cannot install it. When installing ,the bar roll back.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yuan,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

-Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it;
    -Select the Acronis product you are trying to install and hit Remove;
    -Try to install the product again.

If the problem still persists, please create MS installer log in the following way:

-Launch the product installation file;
    -Right-click on the name of the component that fails to install and select Extract;
    -Select the path for extracting the component and click Save;
    -Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name, where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to
    -Reproduce the problem and send us the log file created during the installation.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. bassplayer13

bassplayer13 Registered Member

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. I opened a ticket with support with no response as of yet. I was curious to see what king of hardware you are running it on. I am running on a IBM BladeCenter HS20. I can install it on another machine just fine, and even in a VM (ESX Server 3.0), but just not on the blade..

Mike

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Hello Mike,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. bassplayer13

Hey there,

It is Ticket #533869. Thanks!

Mike

6. Acronis Support

Hello Mike,

As I can see, you have been already contacted by our Support Technical Engineer.

Could you please clarify whether you have received an e-mail from Acronis Customer Service Department?

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. bassplayer13

Hello,

I have not yet received a resolution for this problem.

Mike

8. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Please do as Sergey has suggested in his last letter and try installing the latest version of Acronis drivers prior to installing the application itself. Inform Sergey about the result and he will certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. bassplayer13

Hello,

OK, I tried applying that drivers patch before installing, and the install worked. However, when I go to do a backup of my local machine, the server just hangs and the process never really gets going, with the "Current Operation Progress" stuck at 0%...

Is there any way i could "log in" to my ticket to update ito_O

Mike

10. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Please be aware that in order to "update" your ticket with some new information you should reply to the last e-mail that you received from Acronis Support Team so that the subject of your letter will contain the respective ticket number.

First of all, please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also make sure that the Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is started and both schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe processes are running (use Windows Task Manager).

Please note that you can run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe (\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) manually in Windows Task Manager (File->New Task) or do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;

- Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr.exe service start

If that's not the case or it just does not help then please do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Reproduce the problem;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please provide Sergey with the information requested above. He will proceed with the investigation of the issue and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.