Can not install on Vista

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Speed0, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speed0

Speed0 Registered Member

I just bought NOD32 3.0 and I can't install it sucessfully on Vista. After install is finnished, I get a warning that the resident protection can not start, and that I have to re-install the program. I have tried that three times now, but I get the same error everytime. What is going on here?

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

What was your previous security product & was it completely uninstalled?

3. Speed0

Speed0 Registered Member

Previously there was NOD32 2.7 Eval... It has been uninstalled before attemtping to install 3.0 full.

4. Walc

Walc Registered Member

hmm im having some issues on my vista too. Its working fine but theres this messages that pops-up since yesterday:

programm cant display communicates on the desktop
    path: eset/eset nod32/egui.exe
    it is caused by partial incopatibility with Vista

wth is goin on?

btw. it did work well on vista for the last month or so....

5. Speed0

Speed0 Registered Member

Oh... now I got it to work... What I did this time was to choose "typical" instead of "custom".

I should mention that I am helping a friend with this and I'm not very used to Vista. But I always choose "custom install" when I get the choice. The only thing I changed that could have affected the install is the install location. Since this is a Swedish Vista, I changed the install path to "program" instead of "program files". Could that be it?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. Speed0

Speed0 Registered Member

Ok... confirmed now. The problem was changing from "program files" to "program" install path. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for your quick support anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.