Can not increase partition size

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Scott716, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott716

Scott716 Registered Member

I am trying to enlarge my c: partition by taking away space from any of two other partitions on that drive.

But when I run Disk Director, and it reboots and says that it is resizing the partition, it actually doesn't. When I check the size of that c: partition, it is the same size as before. The partitions that I was trying to take away from are also the same size as before. In other words, it does not work.

I have tried taking space from both of the other partitions on this 3-partition drive, but neither works. And I have tried 3 times!

Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Scott716

Scott716 Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response.

I am running the current version of Disk Director (build 2117).

And I did run the Acronis Drivers file, following your suggestion. It did not fix the problem.

The other steps involve downloading more software, running the software solely to generate a log, emailing that log, capturing screen shots, and filling out online forms according to detailed instructions. That is too involved for a routine customer. While those steps may provide Acronis with data it can find useful, it is not worth this customer's time.

I wish Acronis success, but please describe how I can get a speedy refund. I posted on the same day that I purchased the software. Unfortunately, the software just does not resize partitions for this customer running Windows XP on a basic PC.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Scott716,

Please note that when the problem is complicated it is much easier and faster to solve it via e-mail because this way gives you much more opportunities to get diagnostic info that our Development Team needs to help you with the solution. When the issue is known or doesn't need any diagnostic info to be sent we always try to solve the problem here without having to contact Acronis Support Team.

The main thing is that the same error message can be resulted from different reasons. This means that each time we need diagnostic info of the particular customer who has this error.

If you still would like to get a refund then please contact us either by submitting a pre-sales question or by sending the letter directly to support@acronis.com. Please attach the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) to your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.