can not get pc back into web console

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zfactor, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i formatted and reinstall windows and reinstalled webroot complete and i can not get it to show for anything in the web console. i have uninstalled reinstalled rebooted tried to add it etc i can not get it to show up for anything. after the reinstall i had 2 pc's with the same name and i went to delete one of them and for some reason that removed both entries with the same name. now i cant get this pc to show back up again.

any thoughts?

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Deleted your thingy from the console? Contact support to get it undeleted? ^.^

3. zfactor

what was weird was i had 2 pc's with the same name and when i deleted one it removed BOTH of the ones with the same name. i only wanted to remove one of themo_O

they NEED to make this easier to add a pc back into the console..

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Once deleted, they may need to manually reset your account as it will force that PC to no longer show in the console. I recommend writing into support to see what they can do for you.

5. zfactor

just reinstalled windows and re-named the pc. no big deal. easier and quicker for me then waiting.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

Rule of thumb (or at least my approach) is never delete PC from console and let support remove them (no rush as has no effect on protection) to avoid having to rename your PC :)

7. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

If you do delete it either on purpose or accidentally...................Open a support ticket and it will be restored quickly!

8. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Yeah, I was gonna say, support usually responds within a few hours at worst when you open a ticket. Faster than reinstalling the OS. :)

9. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

This has already been implemented a few weeks ago :)

If using the consumer version of the web console, use the "view" dropdown in the top right and select "Deactivated PCs". Click on the PC you wish to reactivate, and you should be able to achieve this through the "Advanced" tab.

Let me know if you have any issues :)

10. zfactor

i will check that out thank you for the info and welcome i see you have some posts but i dont see you here very often..edit: i do not see what you are talking about i do not have a "view" tab that i can see...the only thing in the top right is the email address and i can pull down that menu but do not have a advanced or view choice...edit again found it but its not where you said. you go to pc security first then in the right you can pull it down to deactivated pc's. but you must go to pc security first.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  11. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Yes - sorry if that wasn't clear :(

You need to be in the PC Security console first :)

12. zfactor

no problem im just glad i can do this easily without sending a support ticket every time. thank you for your help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.