Can not create Partitions on Hard-Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by aero13, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aero13

aero13 Registered Member

I can not create partitions on my primary 120 gig hard drive. I have 40+ gigs empty, yet, whenever I use Acronis Disk Director Suite and click on the "Create Partition" on the wizards tool bar, then check "Free space of the existing partitions" to use unallocated space and the free space on the C: drive. However, it only gives me 7.889 mb to work with, which is the unallocated amount. Is there some way that my C: drive has been locked so I can not create partitions from it? If this is the problem, how can I unlock it?

Thanks, David.

UPDATE: I have tried a few programs, and none allow me to edit C:. For some reason, its still being "locked" or whatever it is doing. What could be the reason for this?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Most likely you are using the trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0, please correct me if I'm not right.

Please be aware that Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 trial version has the following limitations:

- Only partitions of the minimum size (1 cylinder ~ 7,8 MBytes) can be created (both in Windows and in rescue mode)
    - Acronis OS Selector trial period expires after 15 days, and then starts with a 15 seconds delay

In case you are using the full version and still experience the same issue then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.