Can not activate "startup recovery manager" or will recieve MBR error 3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tparsons1, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tparsons1

tparsons1 Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image installed but if I activate startup recovery manager and boot then I get "mbr error 3". It then continues to boot up into Windows. Startup recovery manager will not function of course and I have to run "fixmbr" to get rid of the error for next boot. I have tried this repeatedly after cleaning it up with fixmbr and I get the same error and yet I really want to have the ability to use startup recovery manager. There is nothing wrong with cable or the hard drives which are new and I have tried others. I do not get the error with the old small drives but if I put the new one in(fresh install) you get this error. The drive is a new seagate 250 MB 7200.10 Part No: ST3250620A drive. I am very familar with your product and this has not happened before.

2. tparsons1

tparsons1 Registered Member

I solved it. I put a new BIOS in my K7S6A and this resolved the issue--ver 1.0f.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.