can nod5 and 4 web protection scan the donwloading stream?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mantra, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

may i ask a question ?

can nod v5 or v4 web protection scan and find malware during the downloading stream ?

i mean i start to download a file of 10mb with a virus inside

can the web protection find the virus before i save the file on my pc?

for example can find and block malware when i'm still downloading the file for example at 50% of the download?

i know it's a eset forum , but in the past i was using avast 2(yes v2)and after v3 and i remember it was able to detect a virus while i was downloading a file of 20mb ,and it did alert me when i was at 30%

thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends on what type of archive you download. Some archive types can only be scanned after download as they contain important data at the end. Sequential scanning is supported by v6.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    do v5 and v4 scan rar and zip during the download process?

does v6 scan selft extracting during the download?

but if i'm righ, why in the real time file system protection->setup->runtime packers is disabled by default?

thanks

4. Marcos

Only after the download.

Yes, but again it depends on what type of archive it is.

Runtime packers are disabled on file access by default. Enabling this option might have adverse effect on the system performance.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but it's dangerous because every runtime packed files are not scanner by the real time engine , only nod scans them only when i save them...

i will update to v6 in the future when will be stable

thanks

6. Marcos

Newly created or modified files are scanned with Advanced heuristics by default. That said, you'd need to disable protection, copy files to the disk, enable protection and execute the files in order to evade detection. At any rate, you can enabled advanced heuristics on file execution even in older versions. As of v6, it's enabled by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.