Can NOD32 Block Home Network?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Chamlin, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

I'm troubleshooting why my simple, 2 computer home network won't work/set up. A computer tech tried but kept getting a message that there wasn't enough space on the server (or something like that) so he created an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SYSTEM-CurentControlSet-Services-lanmanserver-Parameters- IRQ Stack Size with a value of 15 (didn't help) then 18 (didn't help).

He bailed on me blaming this either on Comodo Firewall or NOD32...even though I quit both applications and that didn't fix the problem. At least I think I quit NOD32...I right clicked on the tray icon and clicked Quit in the control center.

Can NOD32 be the problem?

Thanks,
    Bruce

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've seen that error a few times on windows networks...usually when a "server" is involved. It was related to Windows NT 4, and Symantec antivirus products..specifically Corporate Edition (probably version 6 or 7 back then)

I haven't come across this error in years.....and never with NOD32.

Did this machine have Symantec/Norton antivirus installed prior to NOD32?
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...4187fcd0a0ade53585256edd00478e67?OpenDocument

3. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

No, I've sworn off Symantec products (even got rid of Winfax) and installed NONE of them on my new PC.

Any other ideas out there? Can NOD32 do this? And, is the simple test to right click the NOD32 system tray icon and quit the control center? If the problem still persists then I know it's not NOD32?

Gratitude,
    Chamlin

4. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

I was just going to say: How can that be?

Then I realized the thread *wasn't*: "Can NOD32 Block Homework." (My son would have LOVED that!! :D)

Yup, it's late.

/

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    "Can NOD32 do this?" We're talking software here...PCs can be in any mix of help, leftover old software, software conflicts, etc etc...anything is possible. A quick Google on this subject leads to articles such as I linked above...and a few Microsoft tech articles that mention Symantec products...none that I saw mention NOD32. I know Symantecs Corp Edition used that protocol for the main antivirus server to communicate with the clients. I don't believe NOD32 does..although perhaps an official support rep here can answer that more accurately.

A quick test that should take inside of 5 minutes to find out..uninstall NOD32 on this PC...reboot...try it. If not...a quick re-install..and only a couple of minutes of time has been spent seeing if it was the culprit.

Perhaps separately...try this tool to rebuild your TCP stack/winsock...
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/WinSock_XP_Fix/winsockxpfix.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.