Can Kaspersky's splash screen(s) be disabled?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nameless, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'm not trying to make a name for myself for asking tough, thought-inspiring questions. Besides, if I made a name for myself, I would no longer be nameless. ;)

Anyhoo, I just purchased KAVP. I'm glad to be able to say that it has already caught a couple nasties that PC-cillin 2003 missed.

Now the easy question: Is there any way to disable KAVP's splash screens, particularly the one for the scanner? I have AVP32.EXE running for every email attachment I receive, and that splash screen is somewhat annoying. (Note: Using the /N command line parameter, which minimizes the scanner window, does not do the trick.)

Please, someone tell me there is a hidden command line parm for this...

2. Igor K.

Igor K. AV Expert

Dear Nameless,

I see you are good at asking tricky questions!
    You can remove the spash screen by creating two additional registry entries here:

HKEY Local Machine -> Software -> Kaspersky Lab -> Components -> 101 (for scanner) and 102 (for Monitor).
    In folder "Standalone" create a new DWORD value "DisableSplashWindow". Double click on it to get into Edit mode and change its value to 1. Restart your PC and changes will take into effect.

Sincerely,

Igor [KL]

3. nameless

Thank you! This works just fine. For the scanner, of course, no reboot was necessary.

Thanks again!

4. nameless

I've created some handy REG files that others may use, to enable or disable the KAV Scanner/Monitor splash screens, as desired.

They can be downloaded from here (2-KB ZIP file).

5. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I'm surprised the Kaspersky vendor's forum doesn't know about this (numerous topics on this, with answers of it not being able to be disabled)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.