Can I trust this product now?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ezergeezer, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezergeezer

Ezergeezer Registered Member

Just bought ATI 10, installed no problem, thought I would do first backup of
    Email folders in Outlook, 5 seconds in the program crashed, after repeated attempts still no joy. Thought I would try something else, so created secure zone partition, again attempted to backup email folders to zone and still crashes out everytime.

Anyone help?

Geezer.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

3. Ezergeezer

Ezergeezer Registered Member

Thats the sort of response I like, 'fast'.

Thanks Menorcaman.

Geezer.

4. tonydenson

tonydenson Registered Member

But the fix aint :mad: This has been going on for months and this particular feature is the *only* reason why I paid to upgrade to V10.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There are some other quite useful features in Version 10 but if backing up Outlook/Express was your reason for upgrading and nothing else is of use to you claim a refund as the product is not fit for purpose.
    It is also worth remembering that there are many other ways of securing Outlook data either within TI images or using other means in Windows or using other products.
    I have all my mail and contacts etc backed up in normal TI full images so have no interest in backing them up separately.

Xpilot

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I would go one step further and state that TI is encouraging users to develop very bad practices, i.e., doing a backup of only selected files. Such options just entrap the less experienced users.

In general TI works, if one does only full/incremental/differentioal backups.
    Ignore (in)Secure Zone, any optioms to backup mail, etc.

7. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I think even allowing users to install a secure zone on their source disk encourages bad practice at the expense of revenue. The void between being a bit serious and being over-zealous in disaster recovey is a huge grey area. However, encouraging users to make ongoing use of their source drive as a backup area is doing nobody any favours at all.

I may be cynical but I don't believe the SZ is there to benefit TI users. After all, even laptops have USB2 interfaces.

F.

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Well the SZ did serve a purpose, no longer valid, when systems had only one hard drive AND to purchase a second hard drive, whether internal or external, was an expensive proposition. But as we all know this is no longer the case. USB is common place and external hard drives are inexpensive now.

9. tonydenson

I do full backups with TI on a periodic basis, but not that frequent. I use Second Copy to back up my volatile data every 3 hours, and keep multiple instances. However, Second Copy cannot cope with Outlook when it is in use, which is 24/7 unless I consciously exit it. Hence my interest in an Outlook backup solution that would run while the files were open.

10. tonydenson

I quite agree. By the way Foghorne, I am also in Leeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.