can I suspend my license?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by acr1965, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am not using my NOD32 right now as the computer it is on is just sitting in a room disassembled. Is there some way for me to suspend my license since I am not using it right now?

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Think you're asking too much now.......I guess when people go on vacation and want their licenses suspended? Do you really think the AV vendors are willing to act on that? But, you never know, just ask them.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I am afraid not... how would it work for schools and universities - they have 2 months in the summer when the bulk of their machines are not used... they can't suspend say 80% of their license during that time period... when you purchase the license, you purchase it for a time period - 1 year, 2 years etc, from date of activation - the clock is running, it's not the AV company's responsibility to get the best use of their software - it's yours.

You still benefit from the updates issued during the time period your machine is offline - as soon as your machine is back online, you download those updates - imagine if users said they wouldn't pay for those updates - it would be havoc to administer, and it's pretty unreasonable I think.

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

You'd get people claiming for the time they are asleep.:D

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

lol - that would be tricky - some days I get 4 hours, others I get 8... hmmm....

It's similar to your phone service, or your ISP - you can't just turn it off and on at will - you accept that your service continues when you take a vacation and have no service, or in the case of the ISP - if you go on a business trip and can't connect from your home or office, you still have to maintain the service while you're away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.