can I span a single TI file with Roxio

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by R Alan, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Alan

R Alan Registered Member

If I have a single TI file can I burn it to multiple dvd's using Roxio cd creator 6?

I have searched the forum and am confused as to wether I have to use acronis to split the files at the time of image creation or wether the automatic span feature in roxio will work.

Thanks for the help

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Split at the time of image creation. You may be able to split a file using various methods after the image has been created, but you'd then need to re-join the parts before you can attempt to restore from it.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you read the Help about this Roxio feature, you'll see that you need to have the program running in Windows to rejoin the parts. Obviously, that's not the case if you have a problem with your boot drive, so you'd have an image that couldn't be read by TI.

As Wdormann said, have TI split the file when you create it, so TI can always read the image when you need to restore.

4. R Alan

R Alan Registered Member

I have the full image on the hard drive. I have copied it to several cd using roxio and the auto span feature. My drive hasnt failed but I want to clean it up by restoring it to its old state. I can use TI from windows as per normal but dont know if I can restore using the roxio disks?

5. Hi, R Alan

As Both wdormann and jmk94903 have said it is not a good Idea.

As they Both say it is best to split the Image with Ti.

You will not be able to restore an Image of your OS as it can not be done under [in] Windows, so not being in Windows means Roxio would not be running, which in turn means the spanned CD's can not be read.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.