Can I run NOD32 & Smart Security Together

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by OzGary, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzGary

OzGary Registered Member

I have been running ESET Smart Security (Trial) for 30 days now. Have just purchased a license for NOD32 Antivirus while waiting for the Australian download link for ESS to become available.

Can I install NOD32 Antivirus while still retaining ESS?

When will ESS download link become available for Australia?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Why on earth do you wanna do that?? ESS have the antivirus module already installed. Can't you just use another download link, the program is the same all over the world.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  3. OzGary

OzGary Registered Member

Have been told by ESET Australia that will have to wait until download link is available on their website before being able to download ESS.

Only have registration details for NOD32 not ESS. Unable to get license for ESS on Australian website. When you click on purchase license, you are redirected to your country to buy.

The trial version of ESS that I have installed is still running OK but it is now telling me that the trial period is over. Not sure whether it will continue to download updates after today.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Phone the Sales Office in Brisabane (07) 3325 2999 next week, and they will sell you a ESS license.

No, it will no longer update once the trial finish date is reached.

Cheers :D

5. OzGary

OzGary Registered Member

Thanks for the info Blackspear, but I have already been told, and there is also a notification on their website, that ESS is not available at this time. The only license I could purchase was for NOD32.

Will try and install NOD32 and see if both programs will run together until I can get a license.

Thanks

I had already contacted Brisbane office and was told that I would have to wait for the download link to become available. I am only too happy to wait, as long as I can continue to use the trial version of ESS and also run the registered version of NOD32 side by side until I can register ESS. I realise that the ESS won't update but I will still have the antispam etc. of the last updates that will carry me through til the license is available.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  6. OzGary

OzGary Registered Member

Just noticed that the ESS icon in the system bar was green (from red). Checked Protection Status and the license is now valid until 31/12/2007.
    That at least allows me to wait for the download link to become available at the Australian website. I guess my problem is solved.
    Thanks all :thumb:

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is not correct, I know of many Australian customers that have already purchased ESS through the Brisbane Sales Office (07) 3325 2999 and it has been available since its launch in the download section of the Australian website.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• ESS.jpg
      ESS.jpg
      File size:
      91.9 KB
      Views:
  8. OzGary

OzGary Registered Member

When I first got interested in ESS I sent an email to ESET Australia:

Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 16:10
    Subject: ESET Smart Security

Hi,

I have already sent an email to your office but have not received a reply.
    On the off chance that you did not receive it I am trying again.

I was wanting to find out where I can purchase a copy of ESET's new Smart
    Security software that has just been released.

Is it possible to buy online or is there a retailer in the Toowoomba
    Queensland area that I can purchase a copy from.

Hoping you can help me.

Regards

and received the following email:

Once I received this email I downloaded a trial version of ESS and after a few weeks purchased a licence for NOD32 knowing that I could upgrade to ESS free, when the upgrade path became available.
    So you see, on the Australian website there is still no upgrade path to ESS.
    If I had have been told that I could have purchased a licence for ESS over the phone then I would have done so. Now that I have purchased a licence for NOD32 it wouldn't be smart to now go and purchase a licence for ESS when I can upgrade for free when the link becomes available.

Regards
    Gary

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  9. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Are you sure, that you can upgrade from Nod32 to ESS for free? There are different price-tags on these two products. If promised, you better ask for a written statement.

10. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

11. OzGary

OzGary Registered Member

The offer is still displayed on the Australian website purchase area. There just isn't an upgrade path/link as yet. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.