Can I run Acronis from A CD, not a HD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alba216, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alba216

alba216 Registered Member

My boss wants me to do this, use the Acronis software to backup HDs on users PCS, but he does not want Acronis to be installed on the HD, but onto a CD, than when it Acronis wants to make an image, I would eject the CD with the Acronis software on it and insert a blank CD to burn the image to. Is this possible?

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

IMHO, yes you can do this.
    But you have to install TI on a PC first in order to create a Boot-TI CD. I think you can deinstall TI after that and run TI only from CD and burn the images to a CD/DVD with each comun burning soft.

A legal problem could be, because you use TI on several PC's, that you have to purchize a Multi-PC licenz of TI. Don't know about that much in case of TI.

3. alba216

I have an OEM License, so that should not be a problem. So do I make a backup of the TI software to a CD is that how it would work?

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

- You install TI on one PC.
    - Start TI and create a Boot Disc. This boot disc you can start on every other PC. Its a full funcional TI on CD regarding backup and restore.
    - Delete/Uninstall TI on your PC if you want.
    - After creating the image on the PC, restart into Windows and burn the images to a CD/DVD.

....but if you want to restore the image and you don't have two CD-Roms on the PC, you first have to copy the image back to the PC and than start with the TI-Boot CD and access the image for restoring.
    I am not sure about that :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  5. alba216

Thanks so Much

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

alba216,

After you boot from the Rescue CD (which you previously created from one Windows installation of TI) and you find yourself in the rescue environment (the Linux edition of TI), you can freely retrieve the Rescue CD and insert a blank CD/DVD to store an image on, or a CD/DVD carrying the image to restore from.

7. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

I can't find anything on the Acronis website for OEM licenses for True Image 9.1 Workstation.

Are you SURE you have legal license(s) that match the number of PC's you plan to use it on?

Any idea where the OEM purchases for ATI were made?

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

You would not be able to mount volumes from an archive to use in windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.