Can I keep Favourites with SafeOnline?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by imperium, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperium

imperium Registered Member

Hi folks, Prevx suggested to me that it is recommended to have the Home Page you want secured with SafeOnline rather than the Log-In page. Can I keep my Favourites linked to the Log-In page and is the Log-In still protected if I add the Home Page of the respective websites or should I change my links to the Home Page? Thanks.:thumb:

2. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

If the site where you give your user name and password is HTTPS it is protected to maximum by default. The default for HTTP sites is less but probably adequate if you are not typing information on these pages.

Leave your favorites alone.

You only need to configure your own protection on HTTPS sites if you want to reserve user name and/or data for use on that site (Advance tab).

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

:thumb: Well put :) A minor addition would be that in the case of some websites like http://www.facebook.com where HTTPS authentication is not the default, you can add Facebook to the list websites to be secured. It is definitely best to add the website in which you're entering your information, although in the case of Facebook, it would be best to use their https://www.facebook.com address instead to encrypt the login detail if on an insecure network connection :)

4. imperium

imperium Registered Member

Thanks for the information. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.